HECAS 2019 (2nd Round) Terms and Condition
- HECAS is opened twice a year: 1st Round in February and 2nd Round is in August. Programmes offered during these two rounds may vary. Refer to 'Entry Requirements' for current programmes offered by local higher education institutions (HEIs) or Scholarship Section, Ministry of Education.
- Overseas scholarship under Scholarship Section, Ministry of Education will offer programmes during 1st Round of HECAS in February ONLY. Applicants are only allowed to select ONE programme for overseas scholarship and MUST also apply for at least ONE programme offered by local HEIs.
- HECAS is opened for holders of valid Brunei Darussalam issued identity cards (yellow/purple/green). Only citizens of Brunei Darussalam (yellow I.C. holders) who have at least a Credit C6 in Bahasa Melayu in Brunei Cambridge GCE 'O' Level can apply for scholarship (local or overseas).
- HECAS does not process applications of government servants applying for in-service training or foreign applicants who do not have valid Brunei Darussalam issued IC. For more information on related issues, applicants can contact the Admission Office of the respective HEIs or Scholarship Section, Ministry of Education to inquire about the application procedures.
- Applicants must use their OWN identity cards when applying HECAS. Follow the procedures posted in the 'GUIDELINES' on registration and completing HECAS online form.
- All payments must be settled at least 1 working day before the closing date of HECAS. Otherwise applicants’ HECAS online applications would not be considered and processed.
- For cash payments, applicants must bring their identity cards when making payments at payment counters provided. Refer to ‘List of Payment Counters’ for more details.
- For payment using BIBD internet banking, applicants are advised to make the payment 1 working day before the closing date of HECAS.
- All payment made either through online payment or by cash are NON-REFUNDABLE. No appeal regarding payment will be entertained.
- Applicants who are currently studying in local HEIs or on overseas scholarship ARE NOT ALLOWED to re-apply or change to a new programme through HECAS.
- Applicants must select and enter their programmes choices in the order of their preference, i.e. the 1st choice would be the most preferred by the applicant, followed by less preferred programmes as 2nd choice, 3rd and so on.
- Read the 'ENTRY REQUIREMENTS' for the entrance requirements of local HEIs or for overseas scholarship and number of sittings allowed for GCE 'O' and 'A' Level examinations. Applicants are advised to APPLY ONLY TO PROGRAMME(S) RELEVANT TO THEIR QUALIFICATIONS.
- Applicants are only allowed to select a maximum of TWO programmes from each of the local HEIs or ONE programme for overseas scholarship. The total number of programmes that applicants can select is SIX. The charges are based on the number of programmes selected as per below:
- Applicants are allowed to use their predicted results to apply to our local universities (UBD, UNISSA & UTB) or for Overseas Scholarship. They will receive a conditional offer upon meeting the entry requirement set by the institution concerned.
- All photocopied academic achievements to be submitted or emailed must be certified by the last school/institution attended.
- For relevant documents to be submitted or emailed, refer to 'Institution Checklists'. This checklist should be submitted together with all relevant documents:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam Checklist
Click HERE to download the UBD checklist.
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam Checklist
- For similar subject taken at different sittings, just enter the BEST grade obtained. Year obtained should be entered in accordance to what was stated in the certificate and not the date the result was announced. For example, grades obtained for Mathematics in 'A' Level June 2009 and November 2009 were 'C' and 'D' respectively. So the best grade would be 'C' and the year obtained was June 2009.
- Anyone who wishes to apply to HECAS must register as a new applicant for each new intake of HECAS.
- After announcement of HECAS application result, unsuccessful applicant who meet the entry requirement set by HEIs or Scholarship Section, if he/she wishes, can send letter of appeal to HEIs or Scholarship Section for consideration to programme he/she is qualified. However, applicants are given 3 working days to send or email their letters of appeal.
- HEIs and Scholarship Section, Ministry of Education reserve the right to REJECT applications that are incomplete, contained false information or received after the 3rd working day of HECAS closing date.
|No. of Programmes||Fee|